|Metal wear on the lid from lid clamps|
|New threaded Pin for clamps|
|The threaded bar that will replace the clamp threads|
|Clamp threads replaced with spring pin installed|
First I cut the threads off of the butterflies. Next I drill a 8.5 mm (tap drill size equals diameter minus the pitch. It's easier in metric because in Imperial you have to convert the fraction to decimal form and then you are working with 3-4 decimal places instead of whole numbers.). Then I put some lock tite on the threads and thread it into the butterfly. Then I drill a 1/8" hole in the butterfly in a position that is right in the middle of both the threaded aluminum bronze bar and the butterfly. Next I install a 1/8 spring pin.
|Finished Clamp with new threads|
|Close up of finished clamp|
And if worst comes to worst, you cant find the parts or you don't feel comfortable doing this...drop me a line at email@example.com I'll do it for you for a VERY reasonable price.
Now the only thing on our pot that will need replacing is the seal every so often.