Thursday, January 5, 2017

ADMINISTRATOR OVER RIDE-OT

January...Long cold winter...Shiftwork...Seasonal Affective Disorder

We're taking a time out from winter. 

At least once every 2-3 weeks, I wake up from a dream where Im driving my car only to be hit with the reality of winter when I come to 20 seconds later.  I got 3 months...maybe 4 before "PRISS"  can hit the streets.  She's not a T-Top.  That's a vinyl roof.  She's all original fully documented from the dealership.  Fully loaded.  Im the 3rd owner.

PRISS...that's her name...Short for Empress.  A co-worker loves his rice burners.  Even if you don't like the cars you cant help but admire the engineering.  Over 1900 HORSEPOWER in some of these imports with their turbo's.  They'll blow me away at a red light with my 401 carbureted motor. 

My co worker is building some 4 cylinder rice burner with front wheel drive.  I own a 1972 AMC JAVELIN AMX.. 355 Horsepower...and all I can think is...Holy Shit...My Javelin is about 250 lbs "LIGHTER" than his rice burner.  Even with posi, my ass end is all over the road.  I couldn't imagine having more power under my hood.  Car...meet pole.

Im looking forward to this seasons Show and Shine...But damn its a lonnnng winter.  I needed a little pick me up so thanks for putting up with this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment