Sunday, February 26, 2017

I Never Built Models

Would you believe I really don't care for or think much of models?  I've never bought or built one in my life.  Dad bought an Ocean Liner that he attempted to build with me.  It soon became his.  I never got to touch it.  But the concept of all the continual waiting.  Waiting for the paint or glue to dry.  Just build the damn thing I always thought.

Maybe it was the structure or rigidity of being forced to color inside the lines that turned me off as a kid.  Being forced to work within the confines of the box or the limited selection.  Planes, trains, cars and boats...I couldn't tell you.

Today... can see the appeal.  But the only reason I would buy a model would be to incorporate some of the parts from it into a custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment