Monday, January 2, 2017

GOLDDOBER With BIGMAN TOYS Present: JADE

Its so cool.  No stress.  And because of that, Im coming up with simple answers to problems that were bothering me.  Simple answers that cut valuable wear and tear off of my fingers.  And cut time off of assembly.  But more importantly its the "type" of work it cut out.  A painful long drawn out process that resulted in blistered fingers, frustration and festered a lack of desire to make these.

In the last week, I have made 3 Deimos figures and Jade.  They all need a final wash, some detail painting and some clear coat.  I have dishes of clear urethane parts.  Hopefully this is a new found desire that will last and not some simple surge. 

But hey...its fun again.  So I might as well blast out as many figures as I can while I have this energy.  Next week I'll make Ronin.  A 3 3/4" King Atlas.

Here's Jade.  Sorry...taking pictures has always been a chore for me.  Someday I'll get the hang of it.

Lee is an accomplished artist and self taught in 3D modelling.  He did a wonderful job modeling the head for this figure.  I was quite happy when he agreed to help me out.


 
Jade is not currently
 for sale.  Im not scrambling to have a pre order or rush to make a bunch.  Im making a whole bunch of figures.  Jade and Ronin and a few other variants of figures.  Some clear urethane figures.  Whatever grabs me.  When I get a bunch made...probably this summer...I'll put a bunch up for sale.

There will not be any fancy artwork when these do become available.  That's another headache unto itself.  I wont be carding figures anymore.  Except Marauder.  "WHEN" I eventually get him done, he will be carded.  But until then, we're keeping things simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment