Friday, May 1, 2020

5 mm Peg Evolution



I been quiet the last couple of days...nothing to worry about.  I have been ...experimenting.  In an effort to get 5mm interchangeability I have worked the 5 mm acrylic rod into other facets of the figures.  Now every peg including the pelvis will have 5 mm pegs.  From this point on. 

I have been doing back flips over this.  I cast the 5 mm rod into the pelvis.  Man this is the cats ass.  It doesn't really add a lot to the over all production time and if anything saves me the job of sanding plus it stays on size.

Past figures will still have the solid color pelvis since they are already done...but all figures made from this point on will have acrylic clear arm pins and acrylic  pegs.  The one exception to this will be the painted figures.  Painted figures will in no way have any consistency to 5 mm.  If it is it is if it isn't it is what it is.    Painted figures will be exactly that and will be offered later on at a lower price. 

I tried to figure out a way to make it a U-paint-it kit but the rivets needing setting make that a trifle hard if you don't have a squeezer.

Anyways...here's pics of what I have been doing back flips over all morning.  I just got the last clear urethane drop in and am now making the other parts of Roboid/Deimos.  I'll be putting figures together by Sunday.

The clear pegs will also help lighten up darker tinted clear torso's without affecting the color.  The pegs are notched and grooved to help make sure they stay in place and don't simply spin out.  I checked the upper peg.  Its in quiet tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment