Sunday, September 13, 2020

MISSILE PACK 5MM PIN

I'm trying my dad's Samsung tablet so I thought I'd make an article of it. Here is a picture of the 5mm pin I made for the missile pack holders. When I made a new mold I forgot to check the size of the pin and just made them. So for half of the figures I was forced to make and implement a 5mm pin. there isn't much material there so that's why I drilled out the one end and put a groove in it. To give the resin something to grab onto. it works great. So i will be doing this from now on. Why didn't I do it sooner? The laws of physics weren't giving me an issue. Previous molds created casts that were on size or even bigger. Don't ask. This last mold created casts that shrunk more than 5%. i cant rely on chance. I will be doing this from now. Figures made prior and from another mold weren't affected. So they won't have an acrylic 5mm pin and neither will painted figures when I start making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment