Friday, October 2, 2020

No Fancy Tools Here

Originally for the first 5 or 6 thigh casts I dont have to do this. But I cant keep making new molds every 5 or 6 casts. So when a mold rips I might suffer the damage. The thigh molds are very thin at the tips at the knee joint where the rivet goes. so the silicone in the middle of the joint gets ripped out by wear. It doesnt matter how gentle you are. So I suffer the damage and using my jackknife and exacto knife and a hacksaw blade I carve it out. It takes about 45 minutes a thigh for acrylic. And while we are at it, I drill out the hole by hand because it is so hard to clamp these pieces firmly. Using power tools just guarantees disaster at some point without firm clamping. I have more control and less pieces get tossed. I have more callouses too. lol but I end up with a better product.

No comments:

Post a Comment