The instructions on this particular urethane resin says demold in 90 minutes. Maybe on paper that might be true. After making quite a few figures using this urethane, that it is still too soft. This chest canopy is really incredibly small. Yet at 4 1/2 hours it is just acceptable for me to consider demolding it. Otherwise I will have to hang it. Because if I put it down anywhere, it will develop a flat spot. It could also sag if hung. I find the magic number to safely remove from the mold using this urethane resin is 6 hours. But 4 and 1/2 hours seems to be okay for these chest canopy's.
I remember the first clear magno heads I made. I was so impressed with myself because it looked really good. So I took it out of the mold and put it safely down. Went to look at it a few hours later and there was a huge flat spot on the back of the head from where it had been resting.
On a side note, I have started trimming up the boots. Taking off the flash, trimming up the lines and drilling the boots for a 5 mm stand. Sorry I am not providing a stand, but I am sure most people have at least 1 from the Palisades line. I should have the boots done by monday. Then I will do the thighs and torso's. I could quite possibly have all the legs done and riveted by next weekend. Then comes drilling out the chest piece. Head, 2 arms, torso and back. 5 holes have to be drilled in it. 5 MM. I do these all by hand. I start with a small drill and work my way up. It takes longer, but its more accurate. If I accidentally am off center I have several drill bit sizes I can still go through to bring it back inline. Oh yeah...several weeks worth of work yet. Easily.