Sunday, November 12, 2017

VYTAFLEX 40 URETHANE RUBBER

Im currently trying something new.  VYTAFLEX 40 a urethane rubber.

WOW.  This is an entirely new animal.

I would NOT recommend this product for complex sprue molds.  Its like pouring thick honey.  It does have a 30 minute pot life and a 16 hour cure time.  So tomorrow I'll know what happened.

If you must use this product for a sprue mold, make sure the channels are large.  Also...I needed a straw to gently help the flow of this product through the mold.  I would recommend this product for SMUSH molds over SPRUE molds.

Im not sure how it will cure or how it reacts to color.  I tinted the pour yellow.  We'll see how or if this translates into a yellow cast or not.

The one thing I am curious about is...I have a Membros Hydrapipe  mold.  So I filled it to see if it will work and how durable it might be once cured.  If it works...it could be a viable option.

I should maybe consider a Parts Package.  Where I package up various parts and sell them together.  Would make shipping nicer for some of you...keep what you need and trade/sell the rest.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment