Sunday, November 26, 2017

VYTAFLEX Test Results -1

Ok///Im not going to waste time taking pics of these results.  Colossal fail.
I made...1 drop, 2 drop and 3 drops of Orange dye in different cups.
I then did the same thing and added 1 drop of yellow.

When compared to vintage Antennae color,...None of them is close.  Very dark orange.  3 drops of yellow was closer.

So that means...
A...this rubber accepts tinting very well and only a very little amount need be used to achieve color
B...I might need to lean more heavily on a yellow base with maybe a hint of orange

Next...this cures to a soft brown chicken eggshell.  A slightly darker almond.  Not off white.

And finally...Yes...this one I will post pics of later...This is my thoughts...the hardener is like honey.  So when you stir it you stir air into it.  Air bubbles can clearly be seen dotting the surface on the non pressurized rubber.  Where as the pressurized rubber is of a much nicer surface finish. 

So I would recommend pressurizing this.  I keep thinking about how a Lobros tongue would be in rubber...lol...wouldn't have to worry about it breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment