Tuesday, November 14, 2017

VYTAFLEX TESTING...WASTE IS GOOD

Since I can think of no other use for this rubber resin than Lobstros Antennae, that leaves me with a lot of resin I probably wont use.  I probably could find a use but I don't have the time for undertaking additional projects utilizing this resin at this time. 

So what I am going to do is because the cure time is so long, Im going to pour a bunch of the same amount in Dixie cups each with different amounts of color and see which comes closest.  Rather than fill the mold, wait 16 hours...repeat.  Its not like I was considering keeping any of these casts.  They are just tests so they are all garbage.  They all have issues.  First and foremost is the disgusting flash.  So its easier and faster to just waste it experimenting with samples in disposable cups.

Wasting it this way will actually save me time and resin...and mold life. 

One step closer to making a complete Lobstros.  Once I have these antennae done, its just a matter of finding the time for the project.  If I want to be ready for next years September Sale, I need to start making the figures for it by next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment